Saturday, April 9, 2011

I am a martial artist.

I am a martial artist.
I see through different eyes.
I see a bigger picture
when others see grey skies.

Though many can't conceive it,
I stand. . . facing the wind.
My bravery, not from fighting,
but from my strength within.

I am a martial artist.
I'll walk the extra mile.
Not because I have to,
but because it's worth my while.

I know that I am different,
when I stand on a crowded street.
I know the fullness of winning,
I've tasted the cup of defeat.

I am a martial artist.
They say I walk with ease.
Though trained for bodily harm,
my intentions are for peace.

The world may come and go,
but a different path I'll choose.
A path I will not stray from,
no matter, win or lose.

~Karen Eden~

I have this on my wall in my bedroom. It really does describe the life of a martial artist, and it is amazing. I know this poem by heart, I look at it hanging on my wall every night.

I just felt like posting tonight, so I decided to post my favorite poem. I spent hours today writing a poem for school. It is so much harder to write a poem when there are all kinds of strict guidelines to go by. It takes all the fun out of it. I actually enjoy writing poetry, but only when I make the rules. I hate having to follow a certain format or whatever. I write differently depending on my mood. My poem I wrote for school wasn't good at all, to my standards. I can only write meaningful things when I am going freestyle based on my mood at the time. Earlier today, I was going through the files on my computer and came across things I did when I was in 5th grade. Some of the poems are SO FUNNY.


Ode to Velcro
Velcro was there for kids who couldn’t tie
Velcro was a hero and that’s no lie.
Children were happy, because they didn’t have to shout:
“Come on, Help me out!”


Looking back at it, things were bad
All children were very sad.
They felt used,
Possibly confused
These were impossible laces,
And there had been many sad faces.


Then, Velcro came to the rescue,
Made on almost any size shoe!
Children were glad
They couldn’t believe they had ever been mad.
Thank you Velcro, we owe you one
What would we ever have done?

Brynn Duncan

I wrote that in 5th grade- we had to write a poem on a helpful invention... I chose velcro? 


Lilly Lufus was a dufus
Her dog Rufus ate
A rock

Sister Cassie was too sassy
Her Dog Lassie killed
A frog

Brother Bobby had no hobby
His Cat Hoppy smashed
A vase

Mama Janet went to a planet
Her Hamster Janet II died
In space

Father Petey was too Creepy
His friend Eydie went
To Jail  

Granny Boldie was an oldie
Her fish Goldie got
All moldy

Hannah, Garrett, and I came up with this in 2005. Garrett came up with the Mama Janet part. hahahahahahaha.

It's amazing how going back through files on my computer can be so much fun.

I was considering posting my poem that I wrote today, but I am not proud of it, so I'm not going to!!

Well.. I was in a poetry mood today.

Until Next Time,
Bk

2 comments: