Well... this week has been another adventure. Monday morning I woke up feeling great. Five minutes before leaving for school, something awful happened! I was going down the stairs (rather fast) with my book bag on my shoulders and I was looking at my phone. My stupid fat cat decided that it was a good idea to run underneath my feet and make me fall. I fell from the 2nd step all the way to the bottom. During my journey down the stairs, I decided to stick my foot out to the step ahead to try and catch myself. Instead of stopping, I went all the way down the stairs on my ankle, which had ended up being turned all the way inward. (I don't think my 50 lb book bag on my shoulders made it any easier to stop!!!)
I went to the doctor Monday evening and they did x-rays. They discovered that I badly injured the ligaments in the ankle. They also found something weird about my x-rays. They said that they didn't know if it was from a previous injury, this injury, or if the anatomy of my foot was just very abnormal. They suspect that something is wrong with it, and by the way that the doctors were talking, it worried me. (Yes, doctorS. One doctor came in, and then after a few minutes another one came in and looked at my foot, too.) We also told them about my food allergies, and they told us that the allergies had probably weakened my ligaments and joints, making it much easier than normal to have a serious injury by normal activities. (That's why the ligament in my thumb was damaged by a seat belt so easily.) I have ankle problems to begin with, so the doctors were worried about me injuring my right ankle by limping around.
SO... I have to wear a lovely boot on my injured left ankle, which almost touches my knee. I have to use crutches because I'm not allowed to put a lot of weight on it, and it makes it less likely for me to injure my other ankle. I also have to wear a brace on my right ankle to prevent injury. I ALSO have to hold my crutches awkwardly with my right hand to avoid re-injury to my thumb. I ALSO will be put back in physical therapy. I will be given therapy on my newly injured ankle, and also will have to get it on my other ankle.
Thank you, to my stupid fat cat, Zoey for doing this. Greatly appreciated. I will probably have to wear this boot to Prom, and it SO won't go very well with my dress. My luck. To top the rest of the week off (so far) I am sick. Great week.
Until Next Time,
The Greatly Annoyed,
Bk
No comments:
Post a Comment